Organizations today are concerned with two main issues: ‘How can I run and manage my business operations for optimum performance today’? and ‘What investment in change should I make to be able to operate better going forward’? Business owners really do not care about much else.
Operational managers and staff must have the knowledge of what is happening and how to adjust in real time. Business Architects must be able to figure out the components of an operating entity in an organized and structured way so that when operations are due for a change, they can describe what’s in place and what’s needed in a way that it can be built with integrity.
There is no doubt that a solid business architecture connecting the component parts is critical. If we cannot describe it from a business point-of-view, we certainly cannot expect to build something that satisfies the need. We have to be able to describe expectations of stakeholders, the business processes and capabilities required as a start so that a practical, shareable and implementable aligned Business Architecture and Business Change Portfolio can be developed. Furthermore, the architecture will ensure we choose the right transformation initiatives, innovate new Business Designs and invest in change in a way that technical professionals can build out the solution. Using architecture models will help us to realize our business intent and define what’s needed to become adaptable as well as to prescribe the required organizational and human change management plans.
This highly participative workshop will delve into all aspects of Business Architecture from top to bottom. Special features of this course:
- This is a pragmatic class – not a theory based one
- Learn how value streams, business processes, business capabilities and strategy are connected
- Get a set of capabilities that are truly traceable to strategic intent and aligned with business processes
- Be able to sell the concepts upward and reduce internal resistance to change
- Learn a method that scales for both small and large organizations
- Work with Roger Burlton; the most experienced pragmatist in this field
- Why Business Architecture?
- Business Architecture and Related Disciplines
- Business Architecture Methodology
- Value Chain Identification and Architecture Scoping
- External Environment Assessment and External Stakeholder Analysis
- Business Strategy Development
- Business Semantics: The Basis for Information Models
- Business Process Architecture (an end-to-end view)
- Business Capabilities
- Alignment to Decisions, Knowledge, Policies and Rules
- Alignment of Business Architecture with IT Architecture and Enablement
- Alignment with Human Capabilities and Enablement
- Business Portfolio Management
- Leveraging the Architecture into a Business Change Portfolio
- Sustaining the Architecture through Governance
- Generating and publishing Risk Heat Maps and Risk Matrices
Business Architecture Certification
The BPTrends Certification Exam for the four-day Business Architecture training class, is easily accessible and delivered online. A participant will receive exam results immediately upon completion of the exam and, when the participant passes the exam, he/she will receive a downloadable, personalized BPT Certificate documenting that the participant has earned the certification; “Business Architecture Professional Certificate”. Participants may use the BPT Certificate designation on business cards and résumés to demonstrate their Business Architecture knowledge and expertise to; colleagues, managers, and potential employers. For more complete information on the classes in the BPTA Curriculum and the full BPT Certification Program, please visit; http://www.bptrendsassociates.com/training/bptrends-certificates/.
The BPTA Business Architecture, and the other training classes in the BPM Curriculum, are recognized by the following well-known and respected organizations in the Business Change community;
the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®),
the Association of Business Process Management Professionals™ (ABPMP™),
the Object Management Group™ (OMG™).
BPTA is an OMG™ endorsed BPM training company, is an IIBA® Endorsed Education Provider (EEP™) and an ABPMP™
Registered Training Provider™(RTP™).
The BPTA Professional Certificate Program is aligned with the International Association of Business Analysis (IIBA®) Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK® V2.0) and is endorsed by the IIBA. Attendees will earn PDs (Professional Development) hours or CDUs (Continuing Development Units) for attending courses in this certificate program. Please use provider codes and individual course descriptions identified for each course in the curriculum.
- Link for test provided by instructor at the end of the course
- Access the link at your convenience
- Testing provided online with payment required - $20 USD (+ applicable taxes) / test
- 3 hours allotted for test (should only take approximately 1 hour)
- Multiple choice format
- 70% required to pass
Who Should Attend
Professionals and managers of all types involved with planning and designing organizational change and building business capability to adapt and innovate continuously.
Business Operations Managers, Business Architects, Business Process Architects, Enterprise Architects, Process Improvement Analysts, Business Analysts, Strategic Planners, IT Architects, HR Executives, IT Executives, anyone concerned with designing Business Change or Transformation programs.