QualiWare Lifecycle Manager Advanced (QLM - QEA Advanced)
Advanced QLM: Modelling with QualiWare Lifecycle Manager
(View / Download PDF)
Successful completion of QualiWare Lifecycle Manager (QLM-QEA) Training. Course Scope and Content
The three (3) day Advanced QLM course will build upon the concepts and techniques learned through the QLM-QEA Basic Course. This course presents a variety of modelling techniques to apply the principles of Enterprise Architecture and the QualiWare Lifecycle Manager toolset to real-world modeling situations common in most business settings.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Modeling Value Proposition. An introduction to modelling: why build models? How models can build consensus, foster collaboration and ensure consistency;
- Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN). BPMN is a standardized method for modelling business processes in accordance with the Object Management Group BPMN Standard version 2.0.Course content includes presentation of the various symbols used in BPMN, the "Personas" used to represent different levels of detail, and practice using the Simple and Descriptive personas to create useful business models;
- Requirements Management using the QLM toolset to implement the standard V-model for requirements traceability. Useful QLM objects, their properties, and linkages to other templates/objects will be used to create models enabling users to objectively demonstrate and verify that requirements have been satisfied;
- Applications Portfolio Management includes presentation of the functions built into the QLM tool to support this important business activity. Students will generate lifecycle Gantt charts, score application models, and develop a variety of useful diagrams and tables to manage information pertaining to business applications and their relationship to capabilities, processes, organizations and data;
- Project Management includes the basic principles of the practice, key PM activities, and the use of QLM diagrams and symbols to create models supporting effective Project Management; and
- Risk Management. Understanding, evaluating, and responding to risk is essential in any complex endeavour. The QLM tool has a wide range of risk management functionality, and practical application of this capability will be explored in depth.
- Built-in QLM Functions including Favourites and Setup; Help; Context View; OLE Objects; Repository Explorer; Diagrams; Import, Export, & Dump files and more.
All topics are supplemented with interesting hands-on exercises to challenge the students and build their confidence in applying the software tool to support their modeling needs.
Course duration is 3 days. All participants will have access to a computer with a QLM software training environment (1:1 ratio).
Course training material: applicable supporting course material and documentation including (but not limited to) student hand-outs, reference material, exercise material. Students will retain the complete course manual and exercises including suggested solutions and receive a certificate for successful completion.
Complimentary refreshments and snacks are provided throughout the day. Lunch is not provided. Internet access is available on-site.
Delivery of the course, instruction, training material and handouts will be in English only format.
Cost and Registration
$1,500.00 + HST.
- 15% discount for 3 or more participants from the same organization (i.e. organizational business unit / group or line of business).
- Cancellation of course registration is available up to 14 calendar days prior to course start date. In-house course customization fees (if any) are non-refundable.
- Rescheduling of course attendance may be permitted prior to course start date at the discretion of CloseReach subject to a $150.00+HST rescheduling fee.
- Substitution of participants may occur at any time prior to course start date.
- CloseReach reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses at any time without penalty.
- Full terms and conditions are available upon request.