Career - Application Support Developer-Configuration Specialist
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
CloseReach Ltd. is a Canadian company specializing in Business/Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise/IT Service Management. CloseReach provides unique solutions to address organizational strategy, change and performance challenges faced by both Business and IT organizations.
Partnered with two world leading software vendors, CloseReach delivers management advisory services, consulting services, training, as well as software sales, software/infrastructure deployment and support services to private and public sector organizations across Canada. CloseReach is QualiWare Software’s delivery partner in Canada and the United States with expertise in Business & Enterprise Architecture, Quality/Compliance Management and Business Process Management.
- Day to day end user and client support work done via ticketing system, along with ongoing development.
- Analyze, resolve, and communicate the root cause and corrective actions of reported issues to clients in non-technical terms.
- Ensure that code and the techniques used match the project standards for the technology.
- Test and deploy application updates and fixes before release to ensure quality.
- Assist with analyzing functional requirements and developing technical specifications.
- Involved in development ranging from production break fixes to minor system enhancements.
- Required to reverse engineer and understand system modules or contained blocks of code, for purposes related to production break fixes as well as minor enhancements.
- Create detailed system level artifacts from the reverse engineering tasks.
- Drive high quality software development standards to support functionality, usability, reliability, availability, and security.
- Drive continuous improvement by monitoring and evaluating architecture and design principles and initiatives across the IT and business teams, identifying the need for process enhancements.
- Liaise with key business partners to ensure that solutions both meet business needs, while being aligned with architectural roadmaps.
- Design software and data structures based on requirements and specifications.
- Research software development tools and practices for integration with the overall development direction of the organization.
- Share knowledge freely and openly with other team members by preparing and maintaining documentation of the tools to assist with application support and training, including process flows, procedures, end-user manuals and training materials.
- Must be eligible for Federal Government security clearance.
- Must have at least 5-10 years experience
- Must be a strong communicator.
- Previous QualiWare experience an asset.
- Bilingual in French and English an asset
- Strong Java/J2EE skillset using latest technologies.
- C++, C#
- Experience with Web Services, Rest Services and Spring is an asset
- Experience with jQuery, Bootstrap for Front End development
- Experience with development that aligns with a defined Enterprise Architecture.
- Experience working with functional analysts to define and refine requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral and comprehension communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience
Competitive salary to be discussed during an interview
Profit Sharing Plan Health/Medical Benefits
Vacation – 2 weeks first year (closed between Christmas and New Years)