Business Process Management
(View / Downoad PDF)
This BPM Professional Certificate program will help you and your organization establish a consistent, integrated and scalable BPM Methodology, including a common language and common tools and techniques that assure efficient collaboration among all process practitioners within an organization. Complete 40 hours of coursework (3 courses, 5 days) to earn your business process management professional certificate and gain the practical tools and background required to work on a team of BPM Process professionals.
In addition, this Professional Certificate Program is aligned with the International Association of Business Analysis (IIBA®) Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK® V2.0) and is endorsed by the IIBA. Attendees will earn PDs (Professional Development) hours or CDUs (Continuing Development Units) for attending courses in this certificate program.
BPTA 101 – Principles of Business Process Management (1 Day)
Day 1, PD hours/CDUs allotted: 8
This course is the foundation for all courses in the Business Process Management Curriculum and is required for BPM certification. It provides an overview and discussion of the principles, concepts and techniques required to transform your business from a traditional, functional organization to a process-centric organization. The course introduces a systematic approach and comprehensive methodology for planning, monitoring, measuring and managing your company’s business process performance and for redesigning and improving specific processes.
Who should attend:
This introduction to BPM is a must for everyone interested in business process improvement. It’s designed for business managers, business analysts, and practitioners involved in process-based change and the automation of process solutions. This course is the foundation for all other courses in the BPM curriculum. It establishes a methodology, a common language, and a baseline for all other courses in the curriculum.
What you will achieve:
- Understand the value and benefits of business process management
- Understand the principles of business process management and how to apply them
- Understand BPM best practices and methodologies
- Understand the respective roles of change management, process architecture, process analysis, process redesign, process improvement, process automation, and organization design and how to make them work together
- Understand basic BPM management and measurement techniques
What you will learn:
- How to align your corporate strategy with a well-designed business architecture
- How to integrate your business process architecture with human performance and IT implementation plans
- The key considerations of a process-based approach to business process change management
- The strategic, tactical and operational considerations in a comprehensive BPM framework
- How to plan for cross-organization acceptance and implementation
BPTA 102– Introduction to Business Process Modeling, Analysis & Design (4 Days)
Days 2-3-4-5, PD hours/CDUs allotted: 32Course description:
This course provides an introduction to the skills and techniques required to analyze and design new processes or to redesign and improve existing processes. This course focuses on identifying opportunities for process change and presents the process analysis, modeling and design techniques and tools required to improve performance. Participants will learn to scope specific processes using graphical models to document results. And, they will learn how to define measurement techniques for evaluating outcomes. They will also learn how to model As-Is and To-Be process workflows using BPMN notation. The course is organized around a universally applicable case study that will be developed by attendees working in teams. The approach is hands-on and business oriented and attendees will be able to immediately apply what they learn within their own organization.Who should attend:
This course is designed for business analysts and practitioners and provides a comprehensive introduction to the skills and techniques used in analyzing business processes and redesigning or improving processes. This Analysis and Design course is a must for business and IT architects, analysts and designers involved in process-managed organizations, process-based change, and the automation of process solutions. TQM, Lean and Six Sigma team members, requirements specialists, project managers, HR competency professionals and change agents will all benefit from the knowledge and skill acquired in this course.
What you will achieve:
- Understand the principles and benefits of proven analysis and design techniques
- Understand how to identify opportunities for improving business process performance
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the people in the process
- Understand how to develop a common language for describing business processes
What you will learn:
- How to appropriately analyze and scope a business process problem
- How to create BPMN process flow diagrams
- How to select and apply the proper tools and techniques to model, analyze, manage, measure and improve processes
- How to apply creative thinking approaches and design techniques to process improvement
- How to develop critical measures for evaluating business process performance
- How to develop and apply testing, and validating methods to new process designs